Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dreaming Those Impossible Dreams

There are jewelry projects that grab my mind and won't let go. They re-occur frequently even though I know that it would be close to impossible to execute. Another bunch of Lotto dreams, except for one which I'm sure is physically impossible.

The first is Birthday Boxes. See, I also love to do boxes. Boxes should be a thing, like scrapbooking or knitting. Anyway, a birthday box incorporates it's birthstone in the decoration and holds a pair of birthstone earrings. I even made a couple.

This is June and those are pearls. Pearls are very doable. What is not doable is April, May and July. Heck, December is beyond my economical reach right now. But one day. . . one day.



Then there is my full line of World of Warcraft Jewelrymaker jewelry. You'd think this would be about as doable as birthday boxes only many, many more pieces of jewelry. If you'd think that, you'd be wrong. It is virtually impossible to make all the jewelry a jewelcrafter in WoW can make because many of the elements don't really exist. Go ahead, try to find some draenite or Fel iron. By the way, I have thought of taking some iron, dropping it out of a window and calling if Fel.



The Solar System Necklace. The most undoable of my impossible dreams. This solar system necklace would have the all the planets with your head representing the sun. The beads and distances would be true relative to our solar system. The problem? If Mars is 1mm in circumference, then Jupiter would have to be 21.5 mm-- impractical but not impossible. However, relative distance from you head would be a problem. If Mercury is one inch from your head, Neptune would have to be a 75 inches from your head. You'd have to be 7 feet tall to pull it off. Still, I dream on. I'll follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far!


Yeah, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment