Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Always use the right tools!

Being both cheap and impatient, I have a habit of improvising with whatever I have at hand instead of waiting until I have the opportunity and money to buy the proper equipment. And that's exactly what I did when I decided to try my hand at bead weaving.

Take my vast experience in sheer frustration, sewing needles and thread are not the ideal materials for bead weaving. Especially for rank beginners. Both the needle and thread are far too unforgiving and rigid. Beads will be flung and thread will snap. Oh yes, the thread will snap. And so will you, probably about the third time beads fly all over the place and then you too will fly off the handle and into a fiery yet impotent simmering rage. You will hunt down the nearest Nylonite and kill it for making such snappy thread. Kill it dead!

However, not only am I cheap and impatient (and prone to angry fits of frustration), I am also quite hard-headed. After my needle, thread and bead fiasco I did a little research (this is because I love to put the cart before the horse-- who wants to look at a horses ass, I say) and found these threaded beading needles for two-fiddy.



In less than 10 minutes I had this. Made a brazilian times easier because I had the right tools. Now all I have to do is learn how to match string color with the beads and how to tie it off. The instructions say to weave the ends right back into the beads but that only works for one end. It also looks a bit sloppy. Still, I will continue with this peyote shit until I make the earrings I have in my head and I swear to Mammon I'll sell them in my Etsy for ONE MEEELLION DOLLARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment