Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thing Always Take Longer Than Anticipated

How long does it take to write down the name, number, description and price of 98 pieces of jewelry? Ten hours, that's how long. I had expected to fill the notebook and a Word spreadsheet yesterday. I also expected to get the dishes done, cook dinner and get to Home Desperate for more lumber. I was so very wrong. On the bright side, I did get to sleep before daybreak, unlike when I was bagging and tagging.

After the spreadsheet, which I expect to take a few hours (which means it'll take a couple of months), I am going to have to change all my prices. The numbers, in the process of being crunched, are not adding up to much of a profit. The days of 5 and 8 dollar earrings will have to go. I feel bad about this. I mean, really bad. Do you know how many times I've looked at a pair of earrings for sale and said "Pffft! You have got to be kidding me! Who pays that much for costume jewelry?" You know who? Everybody, that's who. Even the mass produced, machine made bracelets from China that are sold as impulse buys at 99 cent store counters cost 5 dollars. That's 5 dollars at the 99 cent store!

There, I think I've convinced myself that raising my prices will not condemn me to the fiery pits of Hell. Almost. Now the problem will be-- how do I go about doing this. I am seriously leaning towards deactivating everything in my Etsy at once and slowly re-introducing every thing at it's new price. This way I can re-bag and tag accordingly.


So that means you should hurry and visit the shop. These guys won't be eight dollars for long!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment