Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 3, 2011

You Wanna Sell Jewelry? Do NOT Follow My Lead.

Whodathunk a daggone framed piece of chicken wire would take so long to make? The Display Thingy remains undone. This is because I have to rely on someone who is not me to finish it off. I had just about had it and was going to frame the thing without the mitered corners but yesterday The Boy finally got his chop saw out and cut and attached. . . one piece of molding. . . before going off to a block party from which he still has not returned. He assures me over the phone that he will finish it today. Which doesn't make me all that happy because it still has to be painted and I need it done by TOMORROW.






The state of the Display Thingy. Note in the background our former work table, smashed into pieces by that bitch, Irene.










I did go to the only place I know of around here that sells earring displays but they only have tiny little six inch high piece of acrylic that would hold, at most, 5 pairs of earrings and make no visual statement at all. Not what I need. Why do I live with such procrastinators? Why do I constantly want to kill the ones I love?

The answer to at least one of the above questions is: From you, Mom! I learned it from watching you! I've known for a while now that I need better inventory tracking. My system up until now worked like this:

1. If the piece is upstairs in the bedroom, they are unfinished, need repair or refinement.

2. If the piece is in the box on the dining room table, it needs to be photographed.

3. If the piece is in the drawer in the computer table, it's ready to go.

4. Put all pieces in a small zip-lock bag.

5. Put all the zip-lock bags into two bigger zip-lock bags- one for silver and one for gold.

6. ???????

7. PROFIT!


I also have a large zip bag stuffed to the gills with receipts. I have no idea what the total is. I do not know the total "worth" of my inventory and I do not know which one of these two numbers is bigger. I do not know what system will replace the above system. In fact, I have no idea how to keep track of pieces, prices and expenditures. To make matters worse, I have no idea where to find a clue as to how to do it.

So totally not the way to run a business. Perhaps I'll re-name this blog: How NOT To Do Anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment