Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2011

An Orgy of Ring and Box Making

Preparing for the Rockville Centre Fall Festival (Sunrise Highway & N. Long Beach Rd, Rockville Centre, Long Island --at the LIRR station-- for you folks checking in from Australia) by making beaucoup boxes and trinkets. And worrying.

I don't think my tent is going to make it. Original estimated date of arrival was the 27th which, if I'm not mistaken, and I could be since I don't get out much, is today. But FedEx traking shows that it took them 7 days to pick up the package. Today's ETA: the 29th. Right after the nick of time. Also worrying me: Saturday's forecast calls for a high of 49 degrees with a 50% chance of rain. Sunday's is 52 for a high and sunny. Guess which day we picked (we being Hubby and I. I always ask him since he's the one who's gotta get me there. And keep me company.)

But that's O.K., at least I have my creative triumphs to keep me warm. Like anytime I make a box and it looks like a cake. I love that. Like this box made with Rosewood stain, teeny tiny sea shells and caramel.













Also filling me with hubris is this Epic Ring. I call it epic because it didn't start out this big, nor this elaborate, nor as time consuming as it ended up. It's so big that it doesn't fit into a pill box. It's gotta go into a trinket box.













That's it. Gotta run. Sparkly box is waiting for its beading. Meanwhile get boxes and trinkets here and while you're at it get earrings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment