Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 14, 2011

Sleep Is Overrated Anyway

There was a box explosion up in here about a week ago. Six boxes were started (and all were fininshed-- eventually), most with a piece of jewelry all ready to be nestled all comfy inside, except for the black and white box. I had an idea for an antique-y look and made it, figuring I could come up with something black and white no problem.

Last night I was being normal and lay my head down to sleep at about 11pm. I was so sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes focused on the Rolling Stone article on the guitarist for Rage Against The Machine (who thinks he could have been Obama, just so you know) and closed my eyes expecting another super fun dream.

But no, no dream. Instead there was the black and white box and the ring that would look good in it. Over and over in my head I bent the wire around the ring mandrel. I shaped it, found the shape slightly lacking, shaped it again. Attached the porcelain bead one way than the other.

In my rememberings and head plannings the beads were half black and half white and a bit bigger and flatter. After I made the ring in my head for the thousandth time and realized that I was not going to get any sleep until I made the damn ring for real, I saw that the beads were not exactly the shape and coloration I thought they were. A teeny adjustment in the design that I'd gone over in my head a gazillion times instead of sleeping and, by 2:30 in the morning, I had this:




Project Doom is now waiting. I've got shelves all marked up and ready for the circular saw only it's raining. It's been raining for three days already and it needs to stop. I may run out there in between downpours and crank up the circular saw because it is killing me that I cannot get this done. I'ma go measure one more time because, well, measure twice -- cut once.


P.S. The Ying Yangy ring and box are already up in my Artfire Studio. There is no Ying or Yang at in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment