Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 Pin Tutorials That I Would Never Make

What I really want to be doing right now is finishing up my coat-hat-hangeruperthingie so I hoped to quickly find a few brooch tutorials to share. Only every single tutorial I found for pins and brooches involves gluing a pin back to the design. I don't glue my jewelry together. I firmly believe that if you make wire wrapped jewelry it should be held together by wire wraps, ingenuity and magic.

Still, some of these are kinda cute and I don't wanna spend any more time looking for brooch designs that don't use glued pin backs as I am itching to get back to work on my, um, coat hook project. Yes! That's it. Coat hook project! Why didn't I think of that before? It's so simple. Like calling a dishwasher a 'dishwasher' and not 'the washing machine for dishes'. Because when I call it 'the washing machine for dishes' my children look at me funny and then make fun of me.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, tutorials for brooches that involve gluing pin backs to them. Here you go:

Puzzle Piece Pin. The instructions don't say exactly where the pin back is glued. Must be a teeny pin back.
Bottle Cap Pin. I really like this pin. If I had a pin back, I'd make one for myself.
Brooches from old CDs. Reminds me of the Starship Enterprise.
Skeleton Pin. And me not drinking any coffee that isn't free. I'll never get to make this coffee tin man.
Beaded Wire Pin I go through miles and miles of Artistic Wire but I never beaded it quite this way.











As always you can not find these pins in my Artfire Studio or my Etsy Shop as any pins or brooches sold there are held together by ingenuity and magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment