Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Better Than Murder

They say that pain increases the creative spirit. They also say "it's too cold to snow", so it should be established that they are a bunch of idiots. Still, once I was released from my pain I did go on a creative jag. Here's what I did.


Remember that bird and nest that I didn't know what to do with? Here they are. I would like to make a wire stand for it but I think soldering would be involved and I don't solder. Don't own a torch and wouldn't know what to do with one anyway. Perhaps I'll get my son to do it. Or, much more likely, I'll attach picture wire to the back.


Once I made a bird, I saw no reason not to make a butterfly. I didn't see a reason to make one either but what the hell, here's a butterfly. The question now is should I frame it like the bird and nest or should I attach it somehow to a stick so some young girl with poor taste and rainbow unicorn posters in her room can wear it in her hair. I think I could even ribbon it into a necklace. How 'bout a stand alone butterfly just being all butterflyery laying about and not doing anything. I don't know! My imagination is failing me. Maybe I need another douse of incredible pain to grease the engines.


Still on a nature kick, I made these leaf earrings. There is only a picture of one because I showed my husband one when I was done making them and he ate it. Or stuck it up his bum. Or threw it in the trash-- I dunno. All I know is I showed it to him and it disappeared.


Stars, that's what I was seeing while writhing around wishing I were dead. Bright red sunbursting stars. Here they are in wire form. What are they? Earrings? Charms on a bracelet? Something to lay next to the butterfly with no other purpose than to be wire wrapped stars laying about? I tell you there is no meaning to my wrapping now that I'm not trying to sell everything I make.



Enough with this nature crap. Here's a fancy bracelet instead. I may put it up for sale or I may wear it to the job interview I have tomorrow. Once I wear it it can't be sold. Thems the rules, I didn't make them up. Oh wait, yes I did.



One last thing. This here turquoise ring. This ring I would wear for sure except that it's a size 6 and it won't fit my sausage fingers. You'd think I'd be smart enough to make a ring that would fit me but you'd be so, so wrong. About as wrong as 'they' are about most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment